Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Is errrbody ready?!

ITS ELECTION NIGHT!!!

is errrbody ready??

I'm staying in the BoKaap right now, which is a mostly Muslim neighborhood. I'm staying with the cutest, little old granny everrrr. She is also one of the strongest and most remarkable women I have ever met. Her husband, 3 kids, and 2 grandchildren all had spinal palsy...and she took care of them all until they passed away. It was so incredibly sad to hear her story...and yet she is such a strong woman. Two of her grandchildren currently live with her, and she is raising them too. So yeah, its been an interesting experience staying with her. She is a very devout Muslim and she prays 5 times a day. She showed me pictures of her pilgrimage to Mecca, and I've been learning a bit about their culture. Shes also a GREAT COOK!!

Anyways, I'm staying up to watch election reruns tonight!!! The kids on my program are having an election night party whoo! Polls close around 1-2 Am our time...so its gonna be a long night! I'm excited!!! :)

2 comments:

DCBuddy said...

wow, that sounds like such an incredible experience living with this lady. Picture? You should take a black and white portrait of her.

Beka said...

man i'm taking politics here so they talk about the election allll theeee tiimeeeee