Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Top o' the morning to ya!

Hi Guys!

I’m loving this sudden flurry of activity on the blog, it’s great! I haven’t written since my bloody nose post so I thought I’d share about my past weekend in Dublin, Ireland. All these pictures are on facebook, but now you can have a story to accompany them.

Perhaps the biggest attraction for tourists in Dublin is the Guinness Storehouse. It was like the adult version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I’ve got the golden ticket!

It really was like Willy Wonka’s factory. Look, they even have a waterfall!

Guinness tastes pretty nasty. I hate it, it’s so bitter and thick so at the end of the tour we were supposed to get free pints… I opted for a Diet Coke.

Oh my gosh, this is my roomie Hannah and she almost got her purse stolen! We were at this restaurant and four of us girls were sitting at a table, two on each side facing each other and then we’re just talking and then all of a sudden this table next to us gets up and then this man starts hitting Hannah’s shoulder telling her to “check your bag, check your bag!” We were all confused and then one of the guys from the table grabs this man (who was sitting behind Hannah) and led him outside. Apparently, the guy sitting behind Hannah had been kicking at her bag to get it near him so he could steal it! Oh man, Hannah had EVERYTHING in there- her passport, creditcards, money, ID, everything. It’s one thing to lose your passport in Glasgow, but another thing to lose it in Dublin when we’re leaving the next day. But God is good, and that table of guys who got up and grabbed the guy? They were 5 off duty cops. So then this police car with its sirens on comes by later and Hannah just gives her contact info and doesn’t need to make a statement because the cops saw it the whole time. Isn’t that amazing!

Very Irish drinks- Irish whiskey, hot chocolate and Bailey’s, Irish coffee. All delicious!

You can see our hostel from the bridge, it’s on the left side. Dublin was pretty beautiful when it wanted to be.

I. LOVE. THE. ZOO. Dublin zoo is amazing. Definitely check it out if you go!


Supermac’s = Irish McDonald’s… yummay

All right guys, well, I am having a great time here! I’m so excited for upcoming trips. Like Natalie said, I schedule my work around my weekends. It’s amazing, I have more days off than school days since I don’t have classes Monday and Friday. I’ve already booked tickets for Brussels (holla!), Barcelona and Rome and am planning on going to Paris with my flatmate. Should be awesome!

Missing all of you a lot and excited to see you Europe kids in BELGIUM!

Bekakakakaaa

7 comments:

DCBuddy said...

nice post! and I like the pics mucho.

DCBuddy said...

oh, and that purse incident was such a close call... that's pretty serendipitous those cops were right there!

Benjamin Wolf said...

yay for God's protection! :)

Eric said...

hhaha i miss bekas storytelling, so exciting!
eric

Amy said...

I can't wait to see you missy!

Hsu Boy said...

that's a great post beka :D i hope you continue to see great things and have fun. that guinness does look rather gross...

Lizzy said...

ooh yay I'm going to Dublin in about 2 weeks, and again for Spring break, so I got excited looking through these pictures! and omg that is so awesome that the cops prevented Hannah's purse from getting stolen..