Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 1

Hello guys! I hope you are all having fun, and that your lives are going well.
I am currently in my hammock on my balcony, its nighttime and stars are out, and the shops across the street have signs lit up and im listening to music from my computer and its not cold and im in a sleeping bag and there arent any bugs. I am feeling pretty baller right now and wish i could do this at duke.

So during the last week since my last post, i have been doing much better. But lets go in order.
I was really getting used to being alone and i started to really enjoy it. Some quiet time in a beautiful place. It really is gorgeous here, nature wise. It always feels sooo good to just be outside. The scenery is beautful, ive been discovering more places by walking around, i found the city, its about a mile away. Well maybe its not the main city but close enough for me. ( i found a kmart inside a mall and i bought a brita filter so if you guys want water next year you dont have to buy tons of bottled water)
So i've been exploring, and also ive been spending a lot of time talking to Esther, i think everyone on the blog knows who taht is, but just in case, she is my girlfriend. So i have been doing that for most of my time here. Oh yes also cooking lots of stuff because well eating out is extremely expensive. So i was starting to really enjoy myself. Just chlling alone and doing everything i would want to do if i had time to myself, learning how to play guitar more etc. So today i went back to the same church as i went to last week. It is a hope for brisbane church, the service i go to is mostly young working adults, all people aroudn 3-6 years older than me, which is a change but i kind of like it. One of the guys let me borrow his heater so i will no longer be forced to use my computer as my heater. But yea they were all really welcoming again this week and i had a good time getting to know the church and its body better. And i am going to check out their small group on thrusday.
also when i got back, the guy next to me came back, and he is a year older i think, he is a hong kong background person born in australia, kind of like me. so right when i was content with being alone, a guy comes along who is really cool. he invited me to go see batman, but we later found out it was sold out. So i guess to sum up: things are changing for the better.

Another thing, after i got back from church, i was talking to greg online. One of the things we talked about was how cool iv is, especially our class in iv and how much we loved the community. We talked about how much we have grown as a community and expanded but at the same time, its really genuine and caring. Its something that will be missed next semester.
We talked about the new believers in iv in our class, i hadn't been keeping up but there have been 3 new believers since the summer started. Isnt that amazing? I forget, amy chen, braeden hicks, and one other i forget or maybe there was only 2 oh well anyways.

To conclude i would like to share with you that i am listening to Ride wit me by nelly. I know every single word of that rap.
Goodbye, it must be the money.

2 comments:

Beka said...

glad to see it's getting better!

Benjamin Wolf said...

"i think everyone on the blog knows who that is" haha, i just randomly found out yesterday :)

really glad to hear about you nd church and friends--that sounds really cool :)