Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Paris

How is everything going?

Here's a little update on my life:

The classes so far have been pretty interesting. I’m taking one international business class and then another philosophy class about globalization and ethics. We have classes from 9am- 12 every morning, and we have the afternoons to explore, do homework, and cook dinner for ourselves.

Last weekend, I ended up taking a weekend trip to Paris. The train ride from Geneva took about 3 ½ hrs. It was crazy trying to cram everything we wanted to see and do into such a short time span but I had an amazing time! Here’s a list of all the places I visited:

-Notre Dame
-Louvre
-Musee d’ Orsay
-Jardin des Tulleries
-Napoleon’s Tomb
-Palace of Versailles and the BEAUTIFUL gardens
-Eiffel Tower
-Walked around the Champ-Elysees and all the designer stores
-Climbed the Arc de Triomphe
-Saw the memorial marking the spot where Princess Diana died
-Bastille
-Moulin Rouge
-Basilique de Sacre-Coeur

It was incredible being surrounding by all the historical buildings and the art. I have to say my favorite part though was walking around the side streets and stopping in the little bakeries to try different pastries and crepes. : )

It was really nice because Tracy Gold is actually studying abroad in Paris so I was able to meet up with her at the Louvre and have dinner together.

This weekend I’m going hiking in the Alps so it will be probably be very different from my Parisian experience. I can’t wait to see the gorgeous views!

Miss you all!

3 comments:

Beka said...

i'm living vicariously through you and i'm super excittteeeddd!!

Eric said...

hiking? alps? i am jealous!
I'm glad you had fun meeting up with everyone!
-Eric

Benjamin Wolf said...

ahh! so cool..can't wait to see pics!