Saturday, July 12, 2008

long plane rides

it took me a while to figure out my username and password

Hey guys and gals,

I am in the la airport right now and well to be honest, I feel kind of short. Anyways, I am en route to Brisbane, Australia where I will be going to the university of queensland! Only more a lot more hours on a plane to go! But here is a cool story, at my last stop in new york’s JFK airport, I was sitting for a while next to 48ish middle schoolers on a trip to Australia, after sitting there for an hour with my headphones on watching a movie I discovered that middle schoolers are kind of annoying, so I got up and went to the bathroom. After the bathroom I decided that I didn’t want to go back to the middle schoolers and I wanted to stretch my legs so I decided to keep walking around. And I bumped into my youth pastor on his way to relocate to his mission field! Matt saw me and was like ‘Eric! They’ve been paging you!’ Of course I didn’t believe him because I had been in front of my gate for a while and I had only gone to the bathroom for a really short time. So I told him, and he kept telling me he wasn’t lying. So anyways it was really cool to randomly bump into him and it brightened up my day. I later found out that they had indeed been paging me, I am stupid.
I had also been wearing a duke shirt so some guy I didn’t know from duke who was also studying abroad at my university came up and talked to me for a little while, and then on the flight itself, I had 3 seats to myself because it was a flight that was getting more people in la, so I layed down like I was on a bed and watched shows like family guy, hey Arnold, and the wild thornberries. Now my butt is sore from sitting. It is now time to board my next flight to Sydney, bye for now!
Finaly leg now, I have just finished my flight from Sydney which wasn’t so bad because of the really cool plane and entertainment options. An interesting turn of events is the guy sitting next to me was going with his youth group to see the pope and see a hillsong concert, and he was pretty talkative so that helped the flight. Flying into Sydney was really cool because I got to see how beautiful the wildlife and beach and cliffs surrounding the outside of the city was.

Another thing that is insane, the guy sitting next to me now, a middle school guy started talking to me, and I found out he just got back from the hillsong conference(the same one Moses was at) haha, I guess God is putting a lot of Christians around me.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad that you are safely making your way across the globe. :) It really is amazing how God puts other Christians in our lives at the right times isn't it? I was feeling a little discouraged here because I missed having friends who share my same faith and values bur then I found out about another girl who is Christian in the program. The next day God gave me the opportunity to be with her one-on-one as we were walking back to our rooms. So, I talked to her and suggested that we start praying together once a week and its really comforting to know other Christians are sharing in our journey.

Beka said...

I'm reading your posts backward... but yay that you got there safely!

DCBuddy said...

wicked! have an incredible time in Australia, mate.

Benjamin Wolf said...

3 seats to yourself? sweet! :) yeah...i didn't quite fit on plane seats...

glad you got to see everyone from eric to those hillsong folks :) and glad for you too amy