Sunday, May 31, 2009

3...2...1 the last Chapter

Chapter 10 is titled "How Can I Know?" It was short but got its point across. How much we intellectually know about God doesn't say anything about our relationship with Him; it's really got to do with the heart, something which I have trouble with sometimes with certain truths. For example, in my head I know my value lies in God alone, but this isn't always fully incorporated into my heart knowledge as can be seen when I gauge my value according to other people's opinions or my image. This chapter, however, deals with mainly taking that first step into a relationship with the LORD. The uniqueness of Christianity was brought up again in that God (the "initiator", as the author wrote) reveals Himself to us first and thus begins "communication." Sending His Son into the context of this world, which we are more familiar with, was all part of His plan of revealing Himself (clearly). We're not the ones who take the first step and act on our own in the hopes of figuring out this almighty Being. God promises that He'll make Himself known, as long as the person seeks Him and is open. I rejoice in the fact that God loved us first and reaches out to us. =D

Random news:
-I got excited during home group on Friday because I met Canadians for the first time here. XP They were actually here for just a visit; they're studying graphic design in Weimar for a year, which I find almost unimaginable because I've been there and that place is super tiny. The city part of the town seems like it can be crossed in 10 min. Really nice girls. Too bad they're gone already.
-Went to the Jewish Museum and one of my favorite exhibits was one called "Fallen Leaves" by Daniel Libeskind. The floor is covered with over 10,000 metal faces and is dedicated to the innocent victims of war and violence. You're supposed to interact with it and step on them. You realize soon enough it's impossible to not make a sound when you go through. One way to interpret this is that WE are just as important a part of the exhibit because without us, no one would hear these faces, so it's like we're waking up the memories of those before.

-Today I saw through my window a rainbow that was visible throughout the storm. :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

whoaaa
that art thing is really thought provoking! that's really creepy that you have to walk on them.. but it makes you think!

yah i really like this last chapter. i think just as important as hearing people talk about tough issues with Christianity, it's good to hear real peoples' testamonies. to me those are the most convincing stories, i'm glad the author put that in there :)