Friday, November 13, 2009

that black boulder

i had a pretty rough week: a presentation about the Stroop Test and the Columbia Mental Maturity Scale, a paper about diagnosing Asperger's Syndrome and Autism, and an exam on more spanish grammar. x_x

due to the stress and lack of sleep from this week, i have acquired about four new pimples on my face. today, a friend and i were talking about breaking out, and she pointed out a pimple on her face that was bothering her. i hadn't even noticed until she pointed it out. then, for the rest of the day, i knew it was there, but it didn't bother me, and i soon forgot about it.

hmm. when i get pimples, i get so obsessed with them and become so self-conscious and sometimes it affects my behavior and interaction with others. it ends up being though, that no one notices or if they do, they don't care.

i think this is how God and i might be. vamos a ver:
i see my pimple, and it's gross. whenever i look in the mirror, the pimple is all that i see and all that defines me for that moment.

i see [my sin], and it's gross. whenever i look in the mirror, [my sin] is all that i see and all that defines me for that moment.

pimple = sin... hahahaha.

however, God sees the bigger picture; He realizes that the pimple is actually only a tiny portion of the face. He doesn't care if i have one, He still smiles at me.

lately i've been only been seeing my sin in front of me. i want to step back and see the greater picture and see how God's grace is so much greater than anything i've ever done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are two blogs dedicated to believers in today's churches.

If you wish to truly follow Jesus Christ as His disciple, then these two blogs with articles and videos are a must see.

Please view and share them.

Living as a Disciple of Jesus Christ
http://followingjesusnow.blogspot.com

Christians in Danger !
http://christiansindanger.blogspot.com

The LORD bless you!
Bruce