Friday, January 2, 2009

New Beginnings

Happy New Year Everyone! Thanks for praying for me, guys. These past two weeks have been really tough but God has showed me so much and has blessed me in so many ways. I realized how weak I am and how much I need God to be there for me to be my rock. My new year's resolution this year is: Put God first above all else. I understand that this should be a life resolution, but one year at a time... hahaha.

Here's a verse that I've been meditating on a lot recently in light of the new year:

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 3:13-14

I just want to encourage all of you guys, if any of you are struggling with something, a specific sin, or just something from your past, turn your eyes to the future and know that God has redeemed you. My mom told me, "Christians should never have any regrets. They should repent, but they should never regret." So know this, God has a plan for you and He's shaped your past, and He's shaping your present for the great plan He has in store for you.

Thanks for praying for me guys. I'm serious. To think about how much I've been transformed in these past two weeks I can only say it was because of God.

Anyways, I'm really excited to go back to Duke to see all of you again and to get replugged into IV. Apparently, we've been really hyped up to the freshmen? Haha... um, hopefully we live up to their expectations. But I don't see how we wouldn't be able to, being as awesome as we are.

1 comment:

Eric said...

your last sentence doesnt make sense. can't wait to see you beka! i promise to not get you sick!